FARMERpreneurs and our Local Food Marketplace
Place: Idea Greenhouse, 13 Jenkins Court, Suite 248, Durham, NH
Time: Wednesday, February 9, 2011 from 6:30 – 9:30 PM
Fee: Free and open to the public. Register online
Innovation isn’t limited to a lab or office. Sometimes you have to get outside and dirty to feed your business.
The Seacoast is home to a rich ecosystem of farms, restaurants, grocery stores, and nonprofits that together aim to build a bigger and better local food marketplace to meet our food needs and support a living rural landscape around us.
Come learn about the creative and entrepreneurial ways this emerging “local food system” is growing in our region, and get to know the people who are making a healthy living providing us delicious and sustainable food grown just miles from home.
• Joseph Marquette from Yellowhouse Farm, Barrington NH
• Charlie Reid from Stone Wall Farm and Osprey Cove Farm, Nottingham and Madbury
Local Food Innovators
• Sara Zoe Patterson from Seacoast Eat Local
• Kenny Young from Young’s Restaurant, Durham
• Chuck Cressy from Durham Market Place, Durham
For more information and free registration, please visit www.ideagreenhouse.biz.