Containers and Raised Beds, Growing Your Favorite Vegetables
2011 Garden Workshop Series, UNH Cooperative Extension
Place: Massabesic Audubon Center, 26 Auburn Way, Auburn, NH
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2011
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Do you envision a yard with raised garden beds of beautiful, thriving vegetables? A deck where you can pluck a tomato from its container? Learn how to make that vision come true!
• Designing, Building, and Growing Vegetables in Raised Beds
• Maximizing Growing Space with Containers
• Growing your Favorite Vegetables
Enthusiastic Gardeners and Gardening Families Welcome! Individual workshops are $15 per family or $55 for all five sessions.
Make your garden flourish this year with hands-on workshops sponsored by UNH Cooperative Extension and the Massabesic Audubon Center. Workshops through September:
• Saturday, April 9: Containers and Raised Bed, Growing Your Favorite Vegetables
• Saturday, May 14: Weeds, Pests, and Disease; Crop Rotation; Companion Plants and Allies
• Saturday, June 4: Permaculture; Composting; Cover Crops and Green Manures
• Saturday, Aug. 20: Extend Your Growing Season
• Saturday, Sept. 24: Closing Your Garden, Assessing Your Success, Planning for Next Year
To register, contact Ron Christie, UNH Cooperative Extension Rockingham County office, at (603) 679-5616 or email@example.com. Because of limited space, registration is required. Office is located at 113 North Road in Brentwood, New Hampshire. You are welcome to visit during office hours Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information: http://extension.unh.edu/.