It Takes Cooperation to Build a Food Co-op:
Start-up Food Co-op Development Conference
Cooperative Development Institute
The Arts Block, 289 Main St, Greenfield, MA 01301
Monday, May 23, 2011
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A CO-OP ECONOMY IN THE MAKING…
Dozens of co-ops and start-ups will gather Monday, May 23rd for a program packed with real-life co-op experiences and practical help for start-ups. This is an opportunity for steering committees, boards and members of emerging and recently opened consumer food co-ops, buying clubs and farmer-owned retail stores in New York and New England to learn best business and organization practices from established co-ops, cooperative development specialists and financiers.
This one-day conference includes:
• Twelve different workshops on key aspects of co-operative development — finances, membership, governance, management, marketing and more. Each person will be able to attend four workshops.
• Lunchtime facilitated discussions on topics such as the 2012 International Year of Co-ops; strategies for reaching diverse urban communities; co-op to co-op cooperation and networking; retirement plans; and more.
• Roundtable conversations with conference presenters on the specific issues facing each co-op.
• Co-operative development exhibits and resource materials.
• A walking tour of nearby Green Fields Market, which is catering the conference.
Online registration is now open. Space is limited so groups should sign up early! Registration fees are designed to encourage groups of at least three people, in order to make the most of the depth and diversity of information, contacts and networking offered by this conference: $100 for 1 person, $25 for each additional person from the same organization. Groups may pay online or by sending a check for total registration to: CDI, PO Box 422, Shelburne Falls, MA 01370.
For more information: (413) 665-1271, email@example.com, www.cdi.coop