A sure sign of spring is opening day at Canterbury Shaker Village this Saturday, May 14th, when they throw open the doors for another season. A new schedule of events has been posted — of note is their new cooking series, “From Harvest to Hearth”:
From Harvest to Hearth: A New Cooking Series
Canterbury Shaker Village, Canterbury, NH
Introducing a new and exciting evening cooking series this season! Meet with renowned culinary experts, watch creative demonstrations of cooking techniques and taste the delectable results. Classes will cover a wide range of cooking techniques from the oven to the stovetop.
• Summer Seafood featuring Chef Ron Boucher of Chez Boucher Cooking School in Hampton, NH • Thursday, June 23 • 6-8:30pm
• For the Love of Greens featuring Chef Kathy Gallant, owner of Blue Moon Evolution, Exeter, NH • Thursday, July 28 • 6-8:30pm
• Historical Baking featuring Paula Marcoux, editor of Edible South Shore • Thursday, August 25 • 6-8:30pm
• Cooking from the Fall Garden featuring Hillary Nelson, culinary expert and columnist for the Concord Monitor • Thursday, September 22 • 6-8:30pm
To sign up for one class or the whole series, go to www.shakers.org or call Meghan Berthelette at 603-783-9077 ext 282.
Additional workshops for May and June include:
• Yes You Can: Preserving Fruits and Vegetables Safely at Home • Tuesday, May 24
• Basic Beekeeping • Saturday, June 11
• Jammin’ with Berries: Learn to Make Your Own Jam with Seasonal Berries • Thursday, June 30
Pre-registration is required for workshops. Please contact Meghan Berthelette, Education Assistant, at 603-783-9077 ext. 282 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information & fees, go to www.shakers.org.