Farm Camp at Rumsey Farm
275 Cider Hill Rd, York, ME
Full day sessions $225, includes lunch
Half day sessions $125
Come spend some time on the farm!
We will focus on farming, homesteading and being self-sufficient in this camp. Children will experience daily farming chores, care of animals, and gardening. Lunch will be prepared by the children themselves using local, in season foods, many from our own farm. Each week will be filled with different activities and lots of fun and games. During our gardening, we will touch on soil preparation, planting, natural pest control and harvesting.
Throughout the week, while the children spend time with the different farm animals, they will investigate about life cycles, animal uses and predator protection. We will continually discuss our minimal impact on the land and a respect for our wonderful earth. Each week will include a field trip to visit local farms and homesteads. This year we will have a guest teacher with a focus on art history and sustainable art projects.
2011 Summer Session Dates
• Session 1: July 11-15, 4-7th graders, 8am – 2pm
• Session 2: July 18-22, 1-3rd graders, 8am – 2pm
• Session 3: July 25-29, kinder-1st graders, 8 – 11am
• Session 4: August 1-5, 4-7th graders, 8am – 2pm
• Session 5: August 8-12, 1-3rd graders, 8am – 2pm
• Session 6: August 15-19, kinder-1st graders, 8 – 11am
For more information: www.rumsey-farm.com